B.S. Foreign Service, 2017
Admitted: Harvard Business School, Class of 2024
- Graduated in top 1%, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, and Alpha Sigma Nu
- Major: International Political Economics, Certificate (Minor-equivalent): International Business Diplomacy
Currently: Associate, Charlesbank Private Equity
Previously: Associate Consultant at Bain & Company; joining a Private Equity firm in 2020
- Freshman year: Worked on the Hill for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid
- Sophomore year: Worked as a research assistant for various Georgetown professors
- Junior Year: Worked as a Summer Analyst at Cornerstone Research, an economic consulting firm
- Coordinator & volunteer for After School Kids (ASK) within the Center for Social Justice; ASK volunteers mentor at-risk youth from the DC-Metro & N. Va areas
- Co-Chair and Director of Finance for the Walsh Exchange, Georgetown's undergraduate international relations conference
- Hired as a teaching assistant for 3 courses (Macroeconomics, International Trade, Krogh Honors Seminar)
- Studied abroad at the University Pontificia Comillas in Madrid, Spain during my junior year
"I began working with ACS and Mr. Coakley (whom I know as Mr. C) during my junior year of high school. I have kept in regular contact with Mr C. after I graduated high school, and he has provided me with guidance on my coursework, internships, and work.
Mr. C began by understanding my background, what I was passionate it about, and what I wanted to get from college. He helped me throughout the entire process: researching colleges, test preparation, writing essays, resumes, etc. His approach of focusing on mistakes improved my test scores on both the SAT and ACT substantially. I was accepted into 9 of the top 11 colleges to which I applied (all in the top 20), including acceptance to 2 Ivy League universities. Where available, I received substantial merit-based financial aid, including a full-tuition scholarship. He also helped my family apply for financial aid through both FAFSA and the College Board's CSS Profile, which was complicated by my family owning a local business (Todd's Unique Dining).
I graduated Georgetown in May 2017 and joined Bain & Company, a global management consultancy. I complete Bain's 3-year program and joined Charlesbank, a private equity firm in Boston, afterward. Mr. C. continues to advise me on my professional plans and obtaining my career objectives.